Becoming - The Journey of God's Princess

This blog was created for women on the journey of becoming what God created them to be. It is meant to be an encouragement to those who visit. It is filled with the thoughts pondered by a Pastor's wife who is captivated by the love of God and rests daily in His infinate grace. It is filled with devotionals, short stories, poetry and other creative writing and thoughts about my journey to God.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Verse for the day: November 29th

Psalm 119:146 As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands. (NLT)

I came across this verse this morning in my bible study time. As the day unfolds, and life comes full force at you - when you begin to feel overwhelmed, stressed or under pressure (for mom's the last two are especially true when your fighting to get home school done when all they want is to play...or when you've broken up the 100th fight in 30 minutes.) remember God's word, recall it and speak it. For there is joy and peace in the promises that our Father has given us. In His word we find abundant life and endless joy even in the midst of trials and stress.

Thank you Father for your word that causes me to focus on you
that brings to remembrance your goodness and mercy, that causes
me to see the blessings you have given me. Thank you for your
Word that causes me to look to you instead of focusing on the
circumstances that surround me - For true joy is ONLY found in you!
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment