Becoming - The Journey of God's Princess

This blog was created for women on the journey of becoming what God created them to be. It is meant to be an encouragement to those who visit. It is filled with the thoughts pondered by a Pastor's wife who is captivated by the love of God and rests daily in His infinate grace. It is filled with devotionals, short stories, poetry and other creative writing and thoughts about my journey to God.

Monday, November 22, 2010

King's Portion

I’ve given you kings portion – the bounty of my hand
And established your vineyard - in a beautiful land
I provided a tree – along the dusty road
Then gave you a well – where living waters overflowed
In the Valley of Bacca – marked with suffering
I led you to a cool stream – to find refreshing
In the land of the shadows – where fears overtook
I heard your and cry and answered – held you as you shook
On the rocky roads of battle – up the mountain steep
I have promised to hold you – and in my hands to keep
In the midst of this war – when the enemy will come
I’ll provide you the victory – your battle will be won
I’ve called on your spirit – I’ve asked you to take part
Because you offered up your life – and opened your heart
You sought out my face – you counted up the cost
You know to have your life – the old one must be lost
So along this broken road – in this fallen place
I’ve promised to provide – endurance for this race
When you grow faint – from the battle long
I’ll whisper in your ear – the victor’s song
I’ve given you kings portion – the bounty of my hand
I’ve established your vineyard - in a beautiful land

No comments:

Post a Comment