Becoming - The Journey of God's Princess

This blog was created for women on the journey of becoming what God created them to be. It is meant to be an encouragement to those who visit. It is filled with the thoughts pondered by a Pastor's wife who is captivated by the love of God and rests daily in His infinate grace. It is filled with devotionals, short stories, poetry and other creative writing and thoughts about my journey to God.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Morning Prayer

O father you know I struggle in this daily life of mine
To study your word, do your work, make wise use of my time
You know my ancient enemy sits curled in striking pose
Always in my pathway and right before my toes
O, Father you know my struggles within and battles without
And though I hold tightly to you, sometimes I look down in doubt
O, Father as I step out today let my stride be confident
Let me cling to the hand of the man that was heaven sent
Your word says you order the steps of righteous men
So, Father, set mine today before my work begins
Father, I can not walk this pathway all on my own
For my adversary stalks me to watch when I’m alone
So hide me in your shadow and walk with me still
As I seek your holy face and try to do your will
And Father if I should slip today – Lord, help me take your hand
Help me regain my footing – help me get up and stand
Thank you Lord for mercy, much of it I need
Thank you Lord for salvation and the sower of that seed
Thank you Lord for righteous men whose knees are always bent
Whose faithful prayers are echoed as heavenward they’re sent
Thank you for your faithfulness – redeeming me in sin
Thank you for your cleansing power that cleans without and within
So, Father as I begin today and off to battle go
Help me, Lord, to live my life a reflection of the God I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment