Becoming - The Journey of God's Princess

This blog was created for women on the journey of becoming what God created them to be. It is meant to be an encouragement to those who visit. It is filled with the thoughts pondered by a Pastor's wife who is captivated by the love of God and rests daily in His infinate grace. It is filled with devotionals, short stories, poetry and other creative writing and thoughts about my journey to God.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Just for giggles: sometimes I wish I were young again

Yesterday I was standing in the laundry room folding all my childrens clothes that I had washed again because they didn't want to hang them up. Anna came running into the room obviously delighted with a huge smile beaming.
"Mom, Look!" she exclaimed.
I looked up to see her in a pair of jeans and a tye-dyed t-shirt - I'm thinking 'Ok what am I supposed to be looking at - what am I not seeing?'
She went on excitedly, "Look mom, they fit!" she said slapping her leg - I was thinking they were the jeans that just the week before were too small for her.
"They look nice - those are the jeans that were too small, right?"I asked.
With a smile, a giggle and a slap to the leg she said "Nah mom, these are the ones that were TOO BIG! They're a size 10! I'm a size 10 mom!"
"WOW, baby girl they look great," I said matching her enthusiasm.
As quickly as she had bounded into the room she left to find you dad and tell her news.
I had to stop and laugh - giggle, giggle....to be young again and meet going up a size in clothing with that kind of excitement and enthusiasm.
"Yes!!! I'm finally a size 14, finally outgrew those size 12 I was wearing for a year!!!" ---- Strange how things reverse when we age, we instead cringe at the thought of buying a bigger size of clothes being deceived by the lies of the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment